15 February 2021
Labour Trans Equality Applauds Pro Trans Activism by the Green Party
Following hard on the heels of the Open Letter from Lib Dem Women supporting trans women a leading Green Party figure Sian Berry has expressed some strongly supportive sentiments
In an interview in Pink News she said
“you should reconsider being in the Green Party if you don’t believe trans rights are human rights”
In another comment she said
“Trans men are men. Trans women are women. Non binary identities exist and are valid.”
Similar sentiments are being expressed by allies in the Green Party in Scotland.
Lorna Slater Co-Leader of the Scottish Greens commented…..
“Nothing gender critical people say will convince me that the trans people who I know and love are a danger to me or my rights, but I’m 100% convinced that the GCs are a danger to my trans friends and colleagues. “
Cllr Anwen Muston of Labour Trans Equality said….
“These are further very positive developments in the emergence of a strengthening alliance of trans women and their allies across the political spectrum”
She went on..
“We in LTE will work with trans women and allies across the political spectrum in asserting that “Trans rights are human rights. There is no conflict between women’s rights and trans rights”
Note to Editors
Labour Trans Equality was launched in late January 2021
Its aims are simple and clear
• To increase the representation and voice of trans/non binary people within the Labour Party.
• To encourage more trans/non binary people to vote, join and campaign for the Labour Party.
• To be a strong and clear voice for trans/non binary members and allies who are also members of the Labour Party.
• To work with other groups within the Party, including LGBT Labour, the National Policy Forum, the National and Regional Executives, CLPs and affiliated organisations to promote trans/non binary equality.
• To support and encourage trans/non binary members to take an active role in public office at all levels as Labour Party representatives.
In the short time since it was launched it has gained a significant number of followers and supporters.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Social Media:
1. Twitter: Labour Trans Equality @LabourLte
2. Facebook: Labour Trans Equality @LTE2021
3. Website: www.labourtransequality.org.uk
15 February 2021